Recently we held a meeting of leaders and trainers of women, including women of various ages and stages of life. We discussed various current issues women face and how we as leaders can minister to women amidst those issues. One of the topics was on today’s over-sexualized culture. We realize this is something women in the church and outside the church are dealing with on an ongoing basis.
Some women stand on biblical sexuality while others have chosen to follow the world’s influence. What are you doing to equip women to have a healthy understanding sexuality? Do you even deal with it at all? Let’s be bold enough to address these issues in the church so women are getting the right perspective to counteract the world’s perspective.
Here is a list of resources we compiled at our meeting to help women who are dealing with these tough topics.
- Passion Pursuit by Linda Dillow and Dr. Juli Slattery and their website: Authentic Intimacy
- Pure Freedom by Dannah Gresh
- Ed Wheat has written numerous books on the subject
- The Cross and Christian Sexuality, sermons by David Platt: Part 1 and Part 2
- The Act of Marriage, Tim & Beverly LaHaye
- The Act of Marriage After 40, Tim & Beverly LaHaye
- How to talk to your kids about sex
- Sexual Sanity Series for Women, by Ellen Dykas
- Recovering Redemption, by Matt Chandler
- The Challenge of the Disciplined Life, by Richard Foster
- Josh McDowell’s resources on sexuality
- Mary Flo Ridley’s resources on sexuality
- Thrive: The Single Life as God Intended, by Lina Abujamra
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today’s Young Kids, by Kristen A. Jenson
- God’s Design for Sex Series
- Teaching Your Children Healthy Sexuality, by Jim Burns
- Return to the Garden, Kay Arthur
- The Chat with Priscilla: Are There Really 50 Shades of Grey? Part 1 and Are There Really 50 Shades of Grey? Part 2
- Some Black and White for 50 Shades of Grey, a LifeWay Women Reaching Women article written the week the 50 Shades movie released
- Living Holy in and Unholy World, a LifeWay Women Reaching Women series. In the article you will find links to read all 7 parts from this series.
We hope this list is helpful as you help women navigate our culture. Don’t ignore the need to help women stand strong on biblical principles in the world today!