This is sixth article in a series on holy living we addressed as a part of XChange, a leadership event of conversations with women’s ministry leaders from various generations. (Read parts one, two, three, four and five.)
Let’s focus on finding out what the heart issue is regarding living holy lives and how to address it in your ministry. In our discussion, we continually went back to having a closer walk with Christ and diving deeper into God’s Word. Here are the additional insights we shared:
- Listen longer to God. Take the time to really hear what He’s saying to you.
- Allow the Lord and Holy Spirit to address our hearts.
- We need to open our hearts to hearing His voice. Be open to listening for truth through prayer and mentorship.
- When counseling other women, first discern and ensure that there’s already a trusting relationship. Then you can speak into someone’s heart issue.
- Dig deep into struggles and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Apply the Word — it illuminates! Keep reading and sharing God’s Word.
- Repentance leads to God’s revelation of the roots of sin. Be willing to repent as an example for the women you serve.
- Cover every prayer and conversation in love. Be there for other women and pray through the struggle together.
What else do you do to get to the heart of the holiness issue with the women in your church?
Watch for two more posts in this series that address the sexually broken and what Scripture tells us about holiness and purity.
Resources on Holiness:
Embraced by Holiness by Kathy Howard
Holiness: The Heart God Purifies by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Called to Be Holy: Growing in the Likeness of Jesus by Richard Melick, Jr.