This is fourth in a series on the topic of holiness we addressed as a part of XChange, a leadership event focused on conversations with various generations of women’s ministry leaders. (Read parts one, two and three.)
The whole subject of holiness is so immense, and we discovered that much of our discussion overlapped. We asked the leaders to talk about how to cultivate holiness. Here is how they responded:
- Surrender to God on a deep level daily — include confession.
- Be obedient to what God is teaching you on our faith walk every day.
- Ask God for a willingness to continually move toward holiness.
- Saturate your minds with Scripture.
- Abstain from anything that influences you negatively, but be willing to go where negative influences exist to reach the lost.
- Seek community and accountability.
- Intentionally pursue prayer, study, application, confession, repentance, and lordship.
- Set a standard of what is good (Titus 2) and teach it!
Do you see women in your church and ministry cultivating holiness? How is it happening in your ministry? Are you seeing steps, even baby ones, toward more Christlikeness? Are you pursuing that in your own life?
Tell us how you are pursuing this in your life and ministry.
Watch for more posts in this series that deal with how to live holy without being “holier than thou,” and discover the real heart issues to address women in your ministry. We’ll also discuss ministry to the sexually broken and what Scripture tells us about holiness and purity.
Resources on Holiness:
Embraced by Holiness by Kathy Howard
Holiness: The Heart God Purifies by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Called to Be Holy: Growing in the Likeness of Jesus by Richard Melick, Jr.