When we recently met with leaders of various ages and stages of ministry, one question asked was, “Are you intentional about training leaders and potential leaders in your church? If so, how?” This is list of responses:
Conferences, Events and Organizations
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation
- The Gospel Coalition National Women’s Conference
- The Influence Network
- LifeWay’s Women’s Ministry Leadership Forum Join us this year!
- LifeWay’s YOU Lead Training
- Ministry Grid, an online subscription based training platform for churches
- Women’s Academics at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, all levels of academic training from certificate to doctorate
- Women’s Leadership Consultation takes place annually on different Southern Baptist seminary campuses. The 2015 location is Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.
Church Led Training
- Annual Intentional training for small groups
- Bible Study semester training
- Mentoring Moms training
- Tell Your Story (training so women can share their story on the spur of the moment)
- Read leadership books together and discuss
- Generations training
- Share podcasts and discuss
- Train on unspoken issues, such as, pornography, sexuality, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring
- Prayer is training.
How do you train and develop leaders in your women’s ministry? Please share with us in the comments.