What has been your greatest spiritual lesson so far this year? Can you name at least one from the last year? What has God taught you? How has it changed your life? How have you used it in your ministry?
I recently had the privilege of discussing and sharing these lessons with a group of women’s ministry leaders. Here’s what God has been teaching us:
- Patience for enduring a church-related conflict situation.
- Peace that harvests righteousness.
- Steadiness to obediently engage the culture while grieving the enemy’s entry into the church.
- Using what God’s allows in our lives for His good to advance the Gospel.
- God is writing everybody’s story — I’m not!
- Let neither fear nor flattery direct your steps.
- The bigger the issues, the more God gets to show off.
- It’s not my show, it’s God’s. (Inspired by Toby Mac’s “If You Want to Steal My Show.”)
- There are no wrong people, only wrong motives.
- Suffering helps to bring you to holiness (Hebrews 5:8).
- Good deeds aren’t effective ministry. Faith comes before obedience (Romans 1:5).
- Finding freedom (Galatians 5:1).
- Our ministry isn’t about us. And it’s not about being busy.
So, what is God teaching you right now? Who have you shared the lessons with? Will you share the spiritual lessons you’ve learned as you lead women?