Recently we had a group of women’s ministry leaders and some young women/young women’s leaders together for dialogue. This topic is one we will continue to grapple with for years to come I do believe!
The time together was so special, energetic and informative for old and young alike! I’d love to share some of those thoughts we gleaned in bullet form:
· Instead of asking them to serve in a ministry, INVITE them to be a part of a life changing experience, for them and to help others.
· If you ask them to commit to programs, they will run away. Ask them to be committed to relationships and they might engage.
· Commitment vs. time: if they can’t immediately see how they are going to make an impact, they won’t stay.
· We won’t lose them because we ask too much, we lost them because we ask to little.
· Let them talk!
· Identify their gifts and talents. Many have never had the potential called out on them.
· Remember, experience is not longer the qualifier for leadership! Help them figure out how to serve in this stage of their lives in meaningful ways.
Watch for more posts with excerpts from our meeting!