Are you a part of a large church with more than one campus? If so, you might find it a challenge to lead ministry at each site. If you have tried to duplicate ministry with women on the main campus to each satellite campus you may have run into some snags.
Perhaps one campus meets in a different community nearby but has a different demographic. Maybe one campus meets at a school. The main campus might be in a suburban location surrounded by many young families. You can see how each location takes on a different atmosphere and needs unique ministry to women.
If you oversee the work at the main campus but want to expand the ministry to other sites, you must become familiar with the attendees at those sites along with their needs and the needs of that particular community.
1. Talk to the campus leaders at each site to find out all you can.
2. Let the campus pastor know of your desire to help raise up a leader for the women and ask his input.
3. Pray for God to raise up a woman at each location who has a heart for the women in the church campus and the community in which it sits.
4. When God leads you to that woman, do not ask her to develop a ministry just like the one at the main campus, but become a prayer partner with her and a resource as she begins to discern what will best reach and disciple the women she comes into contact with.
5. Consider reading and studying Women Reaching Women together so that although each ministry will look different, there will be a common foundation of understanding of the basics of women’s ministry.
6. Invite her to be a part of a women’s team that includes leaders from all campuses so that she sees a network of leaders and resources to help each individual campus ministry develop uniquely.
7. Occasionally combine all campuses for ministry but meet at a different campus each time if space allows. In this way you show mutual support for ministries at all sites.
8. Publicly celebrate each time you see progress or a victory at any campus.
9. Continue to pray with and for each campus ministry.
10. Be open to ways God wants to continue to grow or change any or all campus ministries.
If you are a multicampus church ministry, please share in the comments how you have effectively developed ministry for women.